Uber has become a popular means of transportation for many people around the world. With its growing popularity, accidents will happen. Many factors, such as reckless driving, exhaustion, and drunk driving, can cause Uber accidents. Here is a list of some of the most common causes of Uber car accidents.
- Reckless driving: Drivers must obey all traffic rules and avoid any activity that diverts their attention and obstructs their performance while driving. Reckless driving, including speeding, jumping red lights, tailgating, talking on the cell phone while driving, unsafe lane changes, etc. can cause serious accidents.
- Exhaustion: Most Uber drivers try to work extra hours to maximize their earnings because there is no limit as to how many hours they can work, including choosing to work 24 hours a day. Studies have revealed that driver exhaustion is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. Driving while exhausted may cause a driver to feel drowsy and fall asleep, thereby causing a serious accident.
- Failure to properly maintain a vehicle: When a vehicle is not maintained on a regular basis, it can malfunction. Failures in the brake system, airbag failures, tire blowouts, and steering issues are some examples of poor maintenance issues that increase the risk of harm to drivers and passengers.
- Driving while intoxicated and drunk driving: Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is another common cause of Uber accidents. When a driver is intoxicated or drunk, he or she loses the ability to focus and function properly and can end up causing a serious accident.
- Driver Inattention: Because there may be passengers in their vehicles, drivers are often distracted while driving. This increases the risk of accidents.
No matter what the cause, Uber accidents can lead to serious injuries. Injured victims must act quickly to retain legal counsel to make sure that their rights are protected.
Contact Us Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in an Uber accident, contact the Uber accident Attorney George W. Ganim, Jr. We understand the difficult situation faced by people injured in Uber accidents. We will explain every option to you clearly and will work tirelessly to represent your case so that you can receive the best compensation possible.